(Nuestras Exigencias en Español)
Disempower, disarm and disband the Philadelphia Police Department and all private police departments.
We lift up the demands of organizers from the Black Philly Radical Collective and our comrades at Philly for Real Justice. You must meet their full demands: https://tinyurl.com/ycao5364
- The City must transfer ownership of Philadelphia Housing Authority (PHA), Philadelphia Redevelopment Authority (RDA), and Philadelphia Housing Development Corporation (PHDC) vacant property to a permanent community land trust for permanent low income housing administered by local community control committees.
- The City must put a moratorium against PHA, RDA or PHDC buying, acquiring, obtaining, trading, auctioning or selling off properties to private entities until all PHA waiting lists applicants have been housed and pending an independent study on the effects of mass sales and trade offs on communities and community members.
- The City must Fire all cops and city or city contracted workers that do not treat us with respect and dignity. The process must be public and transparent. You must stop cops from kicking people awake every morning.
- The City must repeal all camping ordinances and rules in the city limits. Recent legal decisions require no contact without offering permanent housing.
- The City must sanction Camp James Talib Dean on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway as Permanent, Legal, and Valid, and a NO POLICE ZONE.
- The City must sanction other encampments across the city in spaces that we choose and that will be self-funded and self-governed.
- The City must immediately stop all Service Days, Encampment Resolutions or Homeless Sweeps or any other activities that harass unhoused people.
- The City must support Tiny Houses (Not funded by LIHTC or any other capitalist scheme) that are self-funded and self-governed by unhoused people. You will not replace any existing or future low-income housing funds to build Tiny Houses.
- JTD Camp Organizer, Dee Black started petition to show support for the Camp residents and to support demands of every unhoused person in the City. Read more about Dee here.
- ACT UP PHILLY, RECLAIM Philadelphia, Put People First PA, Philadelphia Tenants Union and more endorse our demands and have signed this letter of solidarity
- Letter of support from Kendra Brooks, Philadelpia City Councilmember At-Large for the James Talib Dean encampment
- Another letter supporting our demands has been signed by over 300 social workers, health care workers, and other Philadelphia professionals
- Temple University Beasely School of Law Center for Public Health Law Research – letter of support
- Equal Health – Campaign Against Racism sent this letter in support signed by over 60 public health and medical professionals calling for an end to encampment evictions and sweeps
- Philly for REAL Justice
- Pan-African Community Action – DC
- Western Regional Advocacy Project – National
- National Union of the Homeless
- Workers Revolutionary Collective
- Occupy PHA
- Black and Brown Workers Coop
- Philadelphia Community Bail Fund
- Movement Alliance Project – letter of support
- ACT-UP Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Tenants Union
- RECLAIM Philadelphia
- Project SAFE
- Put People First PA
- Philly Socialists
- Amistad Law Project
- ADAPT PA
- Disabled In Action of PA
- Rebellious Nursing Philly
- Sol Collective
- Workers World Party Philadelphia
- March on Harrisburg
- Girls Rock Philly
- Anakbayan Philadelphia
- Firefly Action Medical
- Red Umbrella Alliance
- For the People Philadelphia
- Colective Comadre Luna
- Liberation Project
- Care Not Cops Collective
- OccupyICE PHL
- Applied Mechanics Theater Company